- Responsible for managing, directing and supervising the following services within Prairie Clinic: ( referred to as “medical staff”)
- Nursing / Medical Staff
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing and other services under position control.
- Identifies patient service requirements; maintains nursing guidelines; assures quality of care and educates providers and staff of changes or updates.
- Initiates the development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services and other services under position control.
- Oversee Chronic Care Management and Transition Care Program.
- Responsible for environmental control, including infection control.
- Maintains knowledge of current OSHA regulations and enforces these regulations by record-keeping and reporting
- Assures that Chemical and Pharmacological waste is appropriately disposed of.
- Responds to and investigates patient complaints regarding medical staff and patients, as well as Provider complaints and complaints from other facilities.
- Assists to assure that Time sheets are correct for payroll, monitoring staff overtime and approval of ETO for assigned staff, X-Ray and Lab staff.
- Responsible for medical staff hiring, performance, retention, discipline and development.
- Evaluates and reviews medical staff performance against written standards for each position; recommends salary changes accordingly.
- Assists in orientation for new employees and continuing education efforts with existing employees.
- Assists on floor if needed.
- Leads monthly medical staff meetings.
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees, including HIPAA and Quality. As a member of the HIPAA committee, assures that breaches are appropriately reported.
- Attends training sessions as requested and / or desired for knowledge and expertise.
- Participates in Prairie Clinic safety education, procedures and drills.
- Promotes working relationship with hospital and other community agencies.
- Provides Patient Care report to the Board of Directors.
- Represents Clinic before various professional, educational, and business groups to discuss programs and foster good public relations.
- Understands and follows all Prairie Clinic employee policies.
- Assists with VFC oversight and training.
- Participates in other assigned duties as designated by the Clinic Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
• Registered nurse (RN) with valid state license.
• BLS certified.
• Minimum five years experience in nursing.
• Minimum two years experience in clinic/office nursing.
• Minimum two years experience in health care management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven organizational skills and effective interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Principles of organization and theories of management.
• Nursing management and Project management skills.
• Exercises independent judgment, initiative and decision making.
• Maintains a pleasant, courteous demeanor when dealing with patients, providers, other
employees, the general public and other outside agencies and demonstrates good listening
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping all information confidential.
Abides by all HIPAA regulations.
• Motivates employees to fulfill the mission of the organization.
• Maintains regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance
and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures.