- Maintains a compassionate environment for patient care.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment
- Assists with the routine lab duties including blood draws and lab check in’s
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical Lab Testing, Thoroughness, Chemistry Techniques
- Must be able to Multi-task.
- Must be able to maintain a pleasant, courteous demeanor when dealing with patients, providers, other employees, the general public and other outside agencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have a MLT Degree
- BLS Certified or ASCP Certified
• Work is performed primarily in a well lighted, clean physician’s office/clinic setting.
• This position may require the employee to spend a great deal of time on their feet, with
some sitting, kneeling, stooping, lifting, bending, walking, carrying, listening, talking, use of
computer tablet, use of telephone and other basic office equipment.
• This position requires use of a microscope, cell counters and other technically specialized
• Potential for exposure to blood, body fluids requires appropriate use of Personal Protective
• Must be willing to work evenings, and weekends as assigned.