- Promptly provides patient care to assigned patients based on direction of the physician, physician’s assistant, nurse midwife.
- Prepares patients for physician consult or exam.
- Takes medical histories.
- Records vital signs.
- Explains treatment procedures to patients.
- Assists or performs treatments/procedures as directed.
- Collects and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Prepares, administers and records medications skillfully and correctly.
- Maintains accurate and complete documentation and reporting of all patient information in a timely manner.
- Makes referral calls and appointments. Notifies patients.
- Maintains up to date professional and technical knowledge and nursing skills.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams.
- Must be willing to work evenings, and weekends as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles of general nursing care.
- Must be able to Multi-task.
- Must be able to communicate Health Promotion/Maintenance as described by the Board of Directors.