- Monday: 11am – Close
- Tuesday & Thursday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 7am – 4pm
- Friday: 8am – 5pm
- Saturday: 1 to 2 month
Responsibilities included handling phone calls and walk-ins for appointment scheduling with providers and other resources. Checks Patients in for appointments, updating demographic information and alerting medical staff that patient is checked in. Handles switchboard operating, documents electronic messages and follow up of paging. Responsible for collecting payments helping patients with simple billing questions at the window as needed.
- Greets all incoming patients courteously and professionally.
- Makes appointments.
- Obtains patient information, name, and date of birth, phone, and address.
- Verifies insurance information and explains billing policies.
- Makes changes in computer to keep providers schedules up to date.
- Answer questions of caller according to Clinic policy.
- Documents electronic messages, pages or forwards the calls to the appropriate department, medical staff or provider.
- Obtains new patient information form for all new patients and enters information into computer.
- Requests Co-pay or other amounts due from patients, documents in payment log and writes receipts.
- Alerts Medical Staff that a patient has checked in.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service Skills to deal effectively with patients and visitors in person or on the phone.
- Must posses’ effective communication skills.
- Must follow and comprehend written and oral instructions and to multi-task.
- Should be oriented and sensitive to patients needs and aware of the importance of confidentiality.
- Computer Knowledge.
- Accurate & efficient keying skills.